DME is an acronym for the term “Durable Medical Equipment” which are devices used for disabled patients, injury or surgery. There are several types of DME including hospital beds, patient lifts, and wheelchairs. Pain management specialists commonly use braces for the knee, ankle, back, shoulder, neck and foot.
- Surgery is the treatment of a condition or injury by a surgeon and surgical team.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affect smaller joints.
- Ligament Tear is an injury i which the ligament, or the flexible connective tissue connecting two bones, is torn during physical activity or trauma.
- Fracture is a bone break due to injury or trauma.
- Dislocation is an injury of a birth defect or injury to the bone, tendons, or ligaments.
- Sprains and Strains is a pain due to injury or over use of the joints.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction is the malfunction of the sacroiliac joint due to herniated disc in the lumbar region of the spine.
- Osteoarthritis is swelling as the result of degenerative arthritis due to aging that can cause tenderness and loss of motion.
- Whiplash is an injury caused by the sudden backward and forward motion of the head.
- Frozen Shoulder is a limitation on shoulder function due to the build up of scar tissue or tissue in the joints.
- Rotator Cuff Injury is caused by acute injury or overuse of the rotator cuff causing tearing or straining.
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis is inflammation of the tendons and muscles that help move the shoulder joint.
- Other Injuries includes all other traumas to the bone, tendons, or ligaments.
Having onsite DME services presents a convenience for the patient by having a selection of braces available for patients who require immediate bracing and other assistive devices as needed. This service provides the physician the ability to evaluate the patient in a brace before they leave the office, in most cases.
We are providers for most commercial insurance companies, as well as Medicare and Medicaid.
You can contact our DME Specialists, or contact your local office directly by clicking here for the phone numbers to each office.
Phone: 512.485.7200 ext. 2456